Help the library
Herr Memorial Library has been a cornerstone of the Mifflinburg community since 1944. It provides free access to materials, services, and programming that is valuable for the continued education, employment, enjoyment, and self-government of residents. There are a variety of ways to support the library.
- Click on the Donate button above to make a direct donation through PayPal.
- Use the Herr Memorial Library’s Amazon.com link above if you want to buy your own copy of a newly-released book, movie, or music CD –or if you are purchasing a gift for someone. Herr Memorial Library is an “Amazon Associate,” which means that anytime someone purchases an item through the link, a portion of the cost is donated to the library. (It does not cost you anything extra!)
- Herr Memorial Library is part of Crowdrise, an innovative, crowd-sourcing approach to fundraising. Crowdrise is about raising money for charity and having the fun while doing it! The Crowdrise community was named a “Top 25 Best Global Philanthropist” by Barron’s in 2010. Please check it out here: Crowdrise
- Respond to the library’s fund drive campaign. Appeals are mailed to residents and other supporters a few times a year. Donors are an important source of the energy and funding that allows the library to serve residents with a diverse collection, Internet access on public computers, and programming for children, teens, and adults in a secure atmosphere.
- Participate in the library’s fundraising events, such as the used book sale in mid-May during Mifflinburg’s Market Street Sale Days, the annual Silent Auction that features a wide variety of merchandise, services, and gift baskets in mid-October, and the Kaffeehaus, a German-inspired cafe that is set up inside Herr Memorial Library during Mifflinburg’s Christkindl Market in early December.
- Help the library through planned giving. Planned gifts, such as donations made through estates, trusts, annuities, stock, or any other asset transfers should be viewed as a way to help the library and the community well into the future. For those who are unsure how much of their assets they may need during their lifetime, a bequest may be the best option. For those who are tired of the market’s volatility, a charitable gift annuity or trust may be the best plan. Please contact the director of Herr Memorial Library to discuss your ideas.
- Designate the library as your United Way charity. The mission of United Way is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities. To this end, the Union County United Way supports a number of local non-profit organizations, including Herr Memorial Library. If your employer participates in the United Way withholding program, you have the ability to designate the library of your choice as your charity when you sign up. Just a few dollars a week adds up to a meaningful amount over the course of a year!